Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Rapee Morv Andelle

I had to buy a knuckle grater. I did. When I threw out my last one years ago, I swore I would not buy another, in fact I wouldn't allow it in the house. No more knuckle graters for this girl.

I bought one and you know what? I'm happy about it. I like it. It works well for grating potatoes. I have a Pampered Chef grater that I love to use for cheese, but it never grates potatoes well. Because of liquid content of the potato. But the knuckle grater is a snap.

I'm sure you're just dying to know what I recipe I made that would bring about talk of knuckle graters. Well it was a recipe to destroy your kitchen. No joke! Mine looked like this
And I wasn't even half done yet.

As I was browsing the cookbook, I saw "Gratineed Dishes". I had no idea what it was or how to pronounce it. But now I know the answer to both! Dictionary. com told me how to pronounce it, and I mean it TOLD me how. Click on the little speaker and you can hear the word.  Basically a gratineed dish is a dish of grated potatoes, eggs and other good eats. Mix it all together and you have very Good eats.

The dish I made was a gratin of Shredded Potatoes with Ham and Eggs and Onions. And tasty! Oh my!!
Eggs, parsley garlic, salt and pepper, ready for cheese and milk to be added.
Ham and onions sauteing happily in the pan. See now, at one time I would have said, "cooking" but now I know better. They are sauteing. 
I should add here, the house smelled heavenly. I should also add this recipe was easy peasy! Very simple to follow and the ingredients were items most people keep on hand in the kitchen. Even a kitchen klutz like me had most of them. I would definitely say this recipe is one most anyone in America would be willing to cook. 
 As you can see, we about cleaned it up.
Score one more for the Irish girl, living in an average American house cooking French.

No comments:

Post a Comment