Saturday, May 8, 2010

I know, I know...

I just blogged a few hours ago but this is sooooooooooooooooo good!!! Tonight I made my own macaroni and cheese. From scratch. All by myself. I had no help from the little blue box. None at all.

It was really rather simple and I've taken to doing this lately anyway. I just think food tastes better when you make it at home and it doesn't come out of a box. Well the pasta does but that's it. I know, I know it would be 100 times better if I made my own pasta and I have in the past but when you're running short on time...a box of pasta will have to do.

Because I simply love cheese, I like to use a lot of cheese in my mac-n-cheese. Tonight it was pepper jack, medium cheddar, mt jack/colby and parmesan.  Oh. My. Goodness. Gracious. Sakes. Alive.

Okay here is how I did it. Since I just made up the recipe in my head tonight on the fly, I can post the recipe and not worry about the copyright police showing up on my porch at 3:33am.   Since I am sure everyone can make a pot of pasta, I'll leave that part out. (Man! I wish I had taken pictures)

First, I melted a few tablespoons unsalted butter in a medium saucepan. Then I added grated cheese. Because I did it on the fly, I failed to measure but I used half a small brick (maybe 8-12ounces) of the cheddar, 1/3 of colby/jack and a full brick of pepper jack. I added that to the melted butter over medium heat. Stir constantly. You'll probably have to turn it down to low. Add a little milk and continue stirring. Add 2 more tablespoons of butter if you need it. Sprinkle some parmesan cheese and stir, stir, stir.

Pour over cooked and drained pasta. Serve and enjoy! Lemme tell ya, this is Good Eats!!!

1 comment: