Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Need ideas

I know this is a foodie blog, which one would think, I suppose, means I have all the answers. I know I own The Joy of Cooking and Mastering the Art of French Cooking and Better Homes and Gardens New Cookbook, one would think I'd have all the recipes and ideas I could ever possibly need.

But I'm chicken. Or rather I have chicken. I have two whole chickens in the freezer. I have no idea how to cut up a chicken. Not a clue. Even though detailed directions, complete with pictures, are in The Joy of Cooking.

So I need ideas on cooking chicken other than roasting the whole bird. And preferably without having to cut it before hand.

Maybe I should just shore up my courage and give it a go.

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely do not like cutting up chicken either Virginia. I roast my whole chicken in the oven or crock pot in a dozen different flavors, depending on what I will do with the meat after it's cooked and deboned. I use it for enchiladas, soups, chicken and noodles, lasagna, bar-b-q chicken pizza and much more. Roasting the chicken whole keeps it moist and flavorful, I find, for these kinds of dishes. I will even do one or two ahead of time, debone, and put the meat in freezer bags so that when I am ready to make one of the meals above, the hard part is really done. All that being said, lol;), everyone should try their hand at cutting up a chicken, at least once! So what did you end up doing?

    ReplyDelete