Tuesday, September 21, 2010

No picture

But man oh man was it good. If I thought I could pull it off, I might be tempted to make my own recipe book.

The other night I loosely, very loosely followed the recipe in Mastering the Art of French Cooking when I made roast chicken. You can see it here.  By "loosely" I mean, I look at her recipe and followed it..only as far as setting the oven temperature. After there it was all me. I just didn't have time to baste the chicken every 5 minutes.  But it still turned out lovely.

But we had a lot of leftovers. I think Russ was a little tired of eating leftover roast chicken for lunch because he asked me yesterday, "Can't you do anything with that chicken?" I told him I thought I probably could, and inside I only mildly panicked.

I had Ariana, my oldest, make rice. To say she was thrilled would be an understatement along the lines of, "It's cold in Nebraska in December". Instead of using salt, I had her add one tablespoon chicken bouillon. I steamed some mixed frozen vegetables and the leftover chicken.

I combined the vegetables and chicken, added some butter, pepper, some mozzarella, pepper jack and cheddar.

It was stupendous!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment