Tuesday, September 14, 2010

No pictures...

But last night's supper was simply scrumptious!

I made bread yesterday. Because I'm tired of spending an exorbitant amount of money on one loaf of bread. And we were out. My recipe makes two loaves, I made one loaf as normal, because we needed bread.

In case you missed that earlier.

During the first rising, I browned one pound of hamburger with onion. I added Pampered Chef's Italian Seasoning.  If I had measured I might have added a tablespoon.

When the bread was finished rising, I rolled it out and added the ground beef/onion mixture. I sliced cheddar cheese and added it to the top. Then I rolled it up, pinched the edges closed, put it in a bread pan and let it rise.

While it was rising this time, I made a simple marinara sauce. I used two small cans tomato sauce, one large can tomato paste and about a tablespoon (or two) of Pampered Chef's Sun-Dried Tomato Herb seasoning blend. I let that simmer for the afternoon.  You will need to stir it occasionally.

I baked the bread/meat mixture and served it with the marinara sauce and we had corn. Scrumptious!!

No comments:

Post a Comment